Want to lose weight fast? It’s easy to say goodbye to 10 pounds of unwanted fat with these easy diet tips. Just pay attention to what you eat and be sure to have good tasting, fresh and healthy food including snacks, fill up on vegetables and keep your taste buds happy with fruit.
No need to make sacrifices! Just follow these simple guidelines to lose your first 10 pounds, last 10 pounds or give your weight loss program a boost when it seems to have stuttered to a halt. This is a balanced and flexible plan that you can use for as long as you want.
1. Keep track of everything that you eat and drink. You don’t need to track exact calories, but just note down approximately what and how much you eat. You’ll find that being more aware of what you are eating, when, helps you plan your shopping trips better.
2. Reduce your intake of pure fats. This means, cut down on things like butter, oil, or mayonnaise. Try using half as much as you usually do, and see it if it really affects it. Remember, every little helps!
3. Reduce the sugary treats you eat. Try and cut down your snacks on high sugar food like chocolate, to at most a few times per week. The rest of the time, substitute a piece of fruit for that bowl of ice cream or candy bar.
4. Keep your protein low in fat. Instead of eating a big juicy burger, try a chicken breast fillet or low fat steak instead. It tastes better, and is better for you!
5. Include two fibrous meals a week. Every week, plan at east one lunch and dinner that don’t contain any meats or cheese – just healthy whole grains and vegetables.
6. Reduce the fat content in your milk products. If you are currently drinking whole milk, reduce to 2% fat. From 2% reduce to 1%. Choose lower fat cheese and yogurt. When you buy yogurt, also check that it does not contain sugar.
7. Eat extra fruit. You should try and have at least two servings of fruit each day, but the more you can eat, the better. Fruit is very good for you.
8. Drink sugar-free drinks. Instead of downing sugar packed sodas or high fat milk, switch to water or tea instead. Hot water with some lemon in the morning can be very refreshing.
9. Eat plenty of vegetables. Include at least two servings of vegetables at every meal (except possibly breakfast!). If you find you are hungry, eat more vegetables instead of more main course.
10. Eat slowly. The body is slow to register when you are full and it is easy to eat too much if you are racing through your meals.
11. Grating things makes them seem bigger. For instance, eating grated carrot is much more filling than eating the same amount of full carrot.
12. Stick to whole grains. The additional fiber will make you feel fuller, and will also help support a healthy digestion.
13. Choose food that you can chew. Again this will increase your fiber intake, and the act of chewing will make you feel more satisfied too. This means eating fruit instead of drinking juice. If you have soup, make sure it is chunky.
14. Plan in advance. If you know what you are going to be eating for the next week now, you can go shopping and not have to worry about forgetting something. Plus, if you keep your plan in mind, when you feel like taking a snack you will have already decided what to have. This will save you time and effort!
15. Always switch off the TV when you eat. That includes snacks as well as meals. Studies have proved that we eat larger portions in front of the TV, probably because we are much less aware of what we are eating. When you eat, only eat if you want to lose weight fast.