If you reduce your fat intake too much, you will suffer some nasty consequences. You see, dietary fat plays a critical role in hormone production and in nervous system regeneration.
Unfortunately, many people do not know how to optimize their dietary fat intake for the best fitness results.
Thus, here are 6 strategies for enhancing your consumption of fat:
1. Have saturated fat: Your body needs saturated fat from plants. It’s the animal saturated fat you have to look out for. Now I personally recommend lots of coconut here since it tastes good and combines well with so many dishes.
2. Don’t eat a ton of omega 3 pills: Doing this puts your heart at risk. You see, having super highly concentrated doses of omega-3 pills can oxidize your heart. Unfortunately, many experts are recommending ultra high levels of intake.
3. Keep your fat intake balanced among the different types: Don’t focus on just eating omega three’s, this is not a good strategy here. Instead, try to get fat from all the different sources. This will lead to the best health possible.
4. Watch portion sizes: Since fat has twice as many calories as carbs or protein, it makes sense to be more vigilant here. You see, it’s much easier to overdo fat intake because of caloric density. So keep a watchful eye over what you are eating here.
5. Watch out for trans fats: Within the medical community, trans fats are considered to be membrane active drugs. So make sure you stay away from them at all costs. If you see the phrase “partially hydrogenated,” do not buy the product.
6. Make fat intake at least 30% of total caloric intake: At this percentage, you will get the best health benefits here. Go any lower and you risk increased hunger, decreased hormone production and decreased exercise recovery.
Fat is a critical macronutrient for optimal health. If you take it out of your diet, there will be some nasty consequences!
Writer Katherine Crawford, an exercise physiologist and recent fat arms sufferer, instructs on how to get toned arms swiftly. Unearth how to get sexy and toned arms by exploring her blog with superb upper arm exercises for women now!