Testosterone is the king of muscle building and fat burning. And keep in mind that both go hand in hand since more muscle mass translates into more calories burned.
And the bad news is that many people lead low-testosterone lifestyles.
Thus, here are 6 strategies for ramping up testosterone for better fat loss:
1. Eat ample fat: Just make sure you stay away from animal saturated fat as it’s not good for you. You should, however, have plant saturated fat because it is readily used by your body for testosterone production. Coconut would be a great option here.
2. Get sleep: The majority of testosterone is produced early in the morning when you are sleeping. Thus, light sleep or disrupted sleep will compromise testosterone production in your body. So make sure you get a full night’s sleep.
3. Try to add more volume to your training sessions: Adding more volume while simultaneously decreasing rest periods is a great way to further increase testosterone production. The key here is to do this piecemeal since it can be difficult.
4. Don’t stick with light weights: You are going to want to go heavy here for the best results. At the very least, incorporate some sets in the ten repetition range for the best results. If you only stick with lighter weights not only will you burn less calories, but you will produce less testosterone.
5. Reduce insulin: The more insulin you have floating around the less testosterone your body will produce. So make sure you keep your insulin levels as low as possible. The best way to do this is by having balanced meals with lots of vegetables.
6. Avoid stress that is from social dominance: People that are under social dominance produce less testosterone than those that are not. Thus, if you have a job with an abusive boss consider switching companies.
Testosterone is arguably one of the most powerful hormones for changing your body. So make sure you take action on this advice sooner rather than later so that you can get the body you want!