Most western countries have horrible levels of vegetable intake. And to further complicate matters, many people think vegetables and fruit are equivalents.
The problem here is that if you don’t optimize your vegetable intake, weight loss will be very difficult.
So here is what you don’t know about vegetables:
1. They help lower insulin: You see vegetables have to be broken down in your stomach and this process takes time. This in turn keeps your blood sugar and by extension, insulin very low. And recall that low levels of insulin maximize fat burning.
2. Without them your rates of disease will go up: Vegetables are the most important type of food an individual can eat. In fact, if modern society would simply start eating more vegetables, rates of disease would go down a lot.
3. The more variety the better: Focusing on a limited intake of vegetables is not the best way to achieve optimal nutrition. In fact, solid research studies have shown that eating a wide variety of vegetable is the best way to increase your health.
4. They will always be superior to powders: Having greens supplements is not a good way to get your vegetable intake. In fact, in some cases, supplements do more harm than good because of the free radicals they contain.
5. You can eat less calories while getting more nutrition: Since vegetables are so high in nutrients, yet devoid of calories, you can eat less overall calories while maximizing your nutrient intake. This is the best path to weight loss and longevity.
6. Supplemental fiber is not a good adjunct to vegetables: You see, supplemental fiber has been shown to increase cancer rates. And although we don’t know why this is the case, it could be due to the fact that supplemental fiber could have free radicals from processing.
Without vegetables, weight loss will be an uphill battle. So make sure you act on this information sooner rather than later!
Author Katherine Crawford, an exercise physiologist and recent flabby arms sufferer, instructs on how to lose arm fat. Figure out how to get sexy and toned arms by exploring her blog with shake weight reviews now!
categories: weight loss program,diet,fitness,weight loss,health,women,beauty,wellness,exercise,dietary supplements,nutrition,food,medicine,metabolism